Spring Planting Maincrop - Desiree (10 Tubers)
Tax included. Free shipping on all orders!
- The Desiree potato is very versatile in more ways than one. Firstly it can be cooked in all the common ways except as a salad potato and for some reason doesn't steam well. But boil, mash, chip and roasting are all fine.
- The second versatility factor is that it can be treated as a normal maincrop as far as harvest times are concerned and can also be treated as an early maincrop if you need potatoes earlier in the season. Leaving them in the ground longer simply results in larger potatoes.
- A good all-round potato with a strong resistance to scab and drought. Desiree has been given an Award of Garden Merit from the Royal Horticultural Society
- Certified Scottish grown. Crop No 164464 GB Grade E
- The plant is of medium height and ideal for container or bag growing.